Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meet the Greekeries!

There aren't that many I work with, it being a small privately owned little place.

From Tuesday at 10 to Friday at 5, there is only one server in the entire place. That is normally me from the hours of 10-5, with one of a hand full of working mothers coming in to replace me. I'm the 'day girl.' I get the lunch shifts.

Besides me, there are a few others that need to be mentioned.

Lady. I don't know what else to call her. She's married to Gentleman, and has been for 40 years. She's the 'cook' of the place, and runs a tight ship most of the time when Gentlemen goes off to do the things he does. She's a grandmother and loves to talk about her grandbabies.

Gentleman. This is my boss, and he owns the place, as he has since it's conception in 1984, I think it was. It's an old standing place, and has been around for so long most people know it by word of mouth. No, Gentleman is a true Greek. He doesn't advertise his place of business at all! He does the paperwork mostly, but he has been spotted waiting tables to help me, toting around bus tubs, and putting away clean dishes. He's done this for so long that this is his life.

Creepy. Creepy is Gentleman's brother, and he comes in on the weekends to help us (busser and dishwasher) and he comes in once during the week to mow the lawn and make sure the place outside looks presentable. I think that Creepy is older than Gentleman, but I'm not sure. Creepy got his lovely nickname when he gave me his phone number and asked me out one night.

Nat -She's one of the other girls that occasionally works, but she has children and another job, and a husband, so she only has a few extra shifts each week.

Lo - Lo is the big boss. She's been there for 8 years now, and has had 3 children. Lady calls her the Big Boss as a joke.

Motorcycle - My first night there, Motorcycle fell off her bike and hurt her leg, during training. So now she's called... naturally, Motorcycle.

There are a few others and I'm not sure what to say about them, but for now, let's leave it at this.

Lady and Gentlemen have two sons, let's call them Cain and Abel. Cain is the oldest and he's married and has two children, a boy and a girl. Abel comes in on really busy nights and helps cook and clean, he's single and has no children. (Much to Lady's dismay. She's always asking me if I know someone for him.)

Next post... rant ahead ahoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment