Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Do more.

I have been hard at work as the only server at Greekery for the last few months, let's just say it's been about three (with their August break thrown in there.) I vacuum the rug, I scrub down everything with bleach water, I scrub the bathrooms, I wash the windows, I do the dishes, I dry and roll the silverware, I put dishes away, I get drinks, refills... I degrease the walls, degrease the chairs (with horrible industrial strength cleaner, I cut lemons, I get breads, I cash people out (sometimes), I clean out the ashtrays... I pour wine, I run food, I bus tables... EVERYTHING A RESTAURANT WORKER CAN DO!

I'm the only server there, and today Gentleman tells me before cashing out my credit card tips that I need to do more.

Wait...

What?

He wants me to start making salads and getting pita bread on the grill too.

Now I'm starting to see how some girls only make it a week or two in this place. I admit that I can do more, but if I'm working 11 hours a day at your hole in the wall, and it's 4:30 and I've done all the shit I need to do, cut me some slack please.

I'm only human.

B.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment